Unit #9: Ecology
In this final unit, you will be learning about the interaction that occurs between various organisms and their environment as well as the interactions they have with other organisms. By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Describe how energy flow through an ecosystem is related to trophic structure.
- Illustrate the basic structure of the carbon, nitrogen and phosphorous cycle.
- Discuss how organisms affect the cycling of elements and water through ecosystems.
- Discuss the role of nutrients in the living world.
- Graphically represent logistic and exponential growth.
- Discuss how abiotic and biotic factors function as limiting factors in ecosystems.
- Explain the significance of carrying capacity in ecosystems.
- Describe how various behavioral adaptations arise and how they benefit an organism, population or community.