Uni #5: Molecular Genetics
In this unit, you will be learning how DNA is replicated, transcribed and translated to carry out the expression of genes. By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast RNA and DNA
- Compare and contrast prokaryotic and eukaryotic genomes
- Relate the structure/function of nucleic acids to information storage and protein synthesis
- Describe mechanisms which can regulate gene expression
- Analyze the potential causes and effects of various types of mutations
- Diagram the structure and reproduction mechanisms of viruses
- Discuss current recombinant technologies
This is a great video overview of the process of DNA replication.
This is a great video overview of transcription and translation.