Unit #3: Metabolism and Energy
In this third unit, you will be learning how energy flows through our planet...from the photosynthesis that traps the energy found in sunlight to cellular respiration which allows organisms to harvest energy from organic molecules. By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Explain the role of ATP in cellular energetics
- Explain how organic molecules are broken down in the cell
- Compare and contrast fermentation and aerobic respiration
- Illustrate the chemical pathway of photosynthesis
- Explain the interdependence of light and light independent reactions in photosynthesis
- Explain the relationship between photosynthesis and cellular respiration
Click on these links to get a great overview of the processes involved in Cellular Respiration.
Click on these links got get a great overview of the processes involved in Photosynthesis.