Unit #2: Cells and the Cell Cycle
In this second unit, you will be studying the structures found within a cell as well as the intricate processes involved in cellular division. By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Explain how the structures within a cell membrane influence its functions
- Describe the active and passive transport systems across the cell membrane
- Describe the advantages of compartmentalization to the function of a cell
- Compare the structure of organelles to their function
- Analyzed the interdependence of organelles in cellular processes
- Explain cell size limitations
- Understand how cells communicate
- Describe and illustrate the cell cycle
- Describe the process and significance of mitosis
- Compare and contrast cytokinesis in plant and animal cells
CellsAlive! is a great website that walks you through a review of the organelles we will learn in this chapter.
This YouTube video (provided by Khan Academy) provides a great overview of mitotic division.